OMGWTFBBQ!!1!


Don't be
dismayed at goodbyes,
A farewell is necessary before
you can meet
again.
And meeting
again, after moments or
lifetimes, is certain for
those who are
friends.

- Richard Bach

Friday, April 29, 2011

Microblogging 101

Today at school I learned that the guys in the RoboCup lab used to call me "that hipster from Canada" before they learned my name... can you believe it!?

I tried to debunk that status by showing them that my jeans are not tight, I do not wear Converse, and I have giant headphones not to look cool, but because I DJ, and I listen to... "Death Cab For Cutie", exclaimed one of the guys, giving me a sarcastic smile. "C'mon man", I rebutted, pointing to my Jimi Hendrix t-shirt, "I only listen to good music."

5 comments:

  1. If you're a hipster, then I truly have no idea what a hipster is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(contemporary_subculture)

    "Hipsters are the friends who sneer when you cop to liking Coldplay. They're the people who wear t-shirts silk-screened with quotes from movies you've never heard of and the only ones in America who still think Pabst Blue Ribbon is a good beer. They sport cowboy hats and berets and think Kanye West stole their sunglasses. Everything about them is exactingly constructed to give off the vibe that they just don't care."
    — Time, July 2009

    And, the wiki article claims that "in Toronto, Queen Street West and Kensington Market are well known areas for hipsters to be found. Kensington Market in particular has a wide selection of stores full of clothing they tend to buy."

    So, I guess by those definitions, it's easy to see how I can come off as a hipster. But once you get past the outer shell, there's nothing hip about me - just a geeky guy underneath all those silk-screened t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. By that definition, hipsters also include goths :P Which makes Zero sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "Death Cab For Cutie" guyMay 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM

    In my defense, this is the definition I go by:
    http://bit.ly/gdozZ1


    Order starbucks, pay in mixtapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol this made me chuckle :) and here is a link for you :) http://dadsaretheoriginalhipster.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete